mental health advice from someone not qualified to speak about mental health
Just so you know, if you ever say this to people, I hate you.
Because you’re essentially saying “it’s your fault that you’re sad. It’s all your fault.”
Measles has surged back in Europe, while whooping cough is has become a problem here in the U.S.
Childhood immunization rates plummeted in parts of Europe and the U.K. after a 1998 study falsely claimed that the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella was linked to autism.
That study has since been found to be fraudulent. But fears about vaccine safety have stuck around in Europe and here in the U.S.
NPR maps the resurgence of preventable diseases due to public ignorance and lamentable misinformation about vaccines.
Pair with Bill Gates on vaccines, animated.
this is such bullshit
VACCINATE YOUR FUCKING KIDS
So people aren’t vaccinating their children because they’re scared they’ll get Autism?
If you’d rather have your child die of one of these diseases than have them get Autism then I feel REALLY bad for your children and they shouldn’t have to live with you
Tips for respecting children’s spaces, competence, and general existence from a preschool teacher:
- Listen to them
- Ask them, “Do you want to say hi to your auntie/grandma/cousin/dad/whatevs” (Hint: they will be honest and this can result in a simple hello or a hug or a silly “No!” depending how comfortable they feel)
- If they don’t want to hug you realize it’s not that they don’t love you it’s that they don’t know you/don’t feel like hugging.
- Just like every other person who doesn’t want a hug
- In the event that you need to move a child EXPLAIN TO THEM WHY and WHAT YOU ARE DOING don’t just move them like PROPS they are CHILDREN and NOT props
- For instance, “I’m going to move your chair over so we have room at the table for everyone!”
- Or “Sorry there was a person running by I didn’t want you to get smushed so I had to pick you up!”
- Remind them that they are people not objects using your actions
- Asking children to do something they don’t want to do but NEED to do often doesn’t work, instead give them a choice, “Do you want to eat bok choy or yams?”
- NOT “Do you want to eat your vegetables?”
- "Do you want to brush your teeth in the bathroom or the kitchen"
- This exercises their ever-growing free will and is especially useful during TERRIFIC TWOS okay TERRIFIC not TERRIBLE they’re TERRIFIC
- Children will copy you, MODEL FOR THEM
- Being over enthusiastic IS beneficial for them understanding emotional and social competence
- "I hung this picture uneven, that makes me sad, hmmm! Oh goodie, I found my mistake! Now I can fix it, I’ll feel much happier when I’ve fixed it!"
- You think it sounds ridic yeah well hearing you do that children around you just learned to not get so discouraged by their mistakes and that it’s okay to try to fix them
- ADULTS CAN APOLOGIZE TO CHILDREN
- You make a mistake that hurt a child, APOLOGIZE and show them how to do it properly and genuinely
- Realize children are fully competent and are capable of making meanings from YOUR implications about race, culture, gender, ability, sexuality, EVERYTHING
- Many three year olds know what the N-word is, what gay means, can identify which children are visably disabled, and YOUR REACTIONS of their answers of questions about their culture
- Children like to talk about themselves so do not ever dismiss what they say about themselves as illegitimate just because it sounds silly or unlikely sometimes it’s true
- Stop talking about how you hate children, just leave them alone if you don’t understand them you don’t have to be complete jerks to PEOPLE you’ve never met
- I will post more and if people have question PLS ASK ME I WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER WHAT I KNOW
nauticus asked: i care about you as you are.
My friends don’t. They’ll only love me when I’m not broken.
I’ve noticed that most posts about Venezuela as of late aren’t making anything more than 20 or 30 reblogs. Not just mine, but most of them. And moreover, a lot of the reblogs are just Venezuelans.
We are still an issue. This is still going on. Please, don’t abandon us - I know it’s hard to constantly have to deal with hardships and human right issues on your blogs, but all the same, imagine how much harder it is for 30 million people to be living this. We can’t just “turn the page” and expect to move on.
Imagine, moreover, what’s going to happen to everyone who has been actively passing on information. Think about what awaits us. Imagine the more than 1000 people who are detained by the authorities, those who have been tortured or raped. Think about them. Do you think that this is old news for them? For all Venezuelans?
PLEASE help us keep Venezuela in the news before it’s too late!
- Make #oscarsforVenezuela a trending topic. Get in touch with actors and oscar nominees through twitter and ask them to talk about us. [Instructions here.]
- Reblog the Video Masterpost.
- Keep track of the news. Reblog them! This tumblr account has daily summaries of the news.
- Contact your local media about Venezuela!
Remember, we need you to do more than #PrayforVenezuela. We need you to #helpVenezuela.
So it’s still happening then? I was going to make a post about it but I was afraid that it had been solved or something and that people would laugh at me for being behind the times
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.Seriously considering uninstalling missing e so I can do this…
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
People ignore MY suicide threats. They know it’s all just for attention and that I don’t actually have any worth anyway
do you ever just realize how bad your voice sounds
a fairytale where a young girl is kidnapped and forced to marry a demon king and instead of being like no! never! shes like fine as long as i get to help you destroy and hes like lol cool but soon shes doing a bit too much and her husband king is like okay enough power and shes like bye see you in the dungeon and hes like what and hes dragged away cause now everyone is more loyal to her and she reigns over the underworld and the surface world with a cold iron fist
I’m single, I have no talent, I’m not given things nearly as much as other people, and I have no fanbase.
That’s how I know I’m not worth something.
I apologize for this taking so long. It just took a while to get my thoughts reorganized.
Oh. So I’m a lazy little shit.
i actually had this conversation today